Blue Mountain Gallery
New Members II
Reception Thursday, February 7, 5 - 8 PM
- Additional Information -
Along with Blue Mountain's recent move from Soho to Chelsea came an infusion of new talent into the 20-year-old gallery. Five accomplished artists display their work in New Members Show Part II.
· With color, shape and painted stroke, Marjorie Auerbach expresses the feeling of being in a constantly changing world of weather and light.
· In Sam Jungkurth's paintings the imagery consists of natural forms wedded with a sense of urgency. Light and color permeate and add to the drama, which has a surreal beauty.
· Susanna Plotnick paints small colorful oils in which personal symbols combine to reveal a mystical reality.
· Linda Smith peels away mundane exteriors to reveal the core of her detailed figures. They inhabit atmospheric worlds where unseen forces reside, transforming darkness into light.
· Paintings of windows by Rose Weinstock invite us into carefully rendered intimate interiors. Light filters in from worlds outside. Reflections and shadows create mystery.
Additional information about Sam Jungkirth at www.samjungkurth.com
Additional information about Linda Smith at www.lindasmithart.com
Further information contact: Gallery Tel: 646.486.4730 Fax: 646.486.4345